Friday, April 24, 2009

More Walf Illustrations




Here are some other Illustrations of Walf that I did. The Walf story was done in 1992 but never made it to an actual comic book. It was based on a story that my roommate told me when I joked about getting a hamster ball for Walf. I'm sure he made the whole story up to dissuade me from getting one...

The Walf Tarot card was made for a mini comic series called Kardz, made and published by my friend Keith O'Brien back in the early 90s. The series was based on tarot cards with an anthropomorphic theme. Various animals were used in the different suits and many artists sent in their artwork. At the end of the series a special custom deck was made with selected cards and a limited number were printed for those who were interested. Walf didn't make it to the deck but another illustration of mine was chosen instead.

3 comments:

Postmaster said...

Did I ever tell you the story of my gerbil in college with HIS exercise ball? I used to let him run up and down the dorm hallway in it. One day while he was doing that and I was being distracted by something in my room, I heard a scream! A female resident of the dorm had just come back from class, saw the ball lying on the floor and, not realizing there was a gerbil in it, picked it up and tossed it up in the air. She caught it, saw the gerbil, and screamed.

Rickart said...

I don't think I've seen this comic before... very funny!

Do you guys ever hear from Chris?

Deane D said...

Oh geez! your poor gerbil, I hope he wasn't hurt. I would have checked the ball to see if there was a critter inside before picking it up.

You missed that TAG meeting Rick. It was the first (and only) meeting that Dan attended. He came to talk about making a mini comic and I made this Walf story. Not a lot of people were there so nothing came of it.