Friday, December 4, 2009

December Again


Well it's December again and I'm not ready. I've been trying to organize things and making a bigger mess. We haven't got a tree or started to decorate yet.

Actually, I just put up a festive fireplace screen I got from my parents. My parents are going to be moving soon. They are moving from a four bedroom house to a two bedroom apartment. My sisters and I have been helping them go through the things they have accumulated through the years. That means I've been adding to my accumulation of stuff. So far I've taken the rocking chair they got the year I was born, my mom's cookbooks and cookie cutters, my dad's collection of 45s in boxed sets, lots of books, and some of my old artwork from school. I also got some art supplies, dad's artwork, and an unfinished painting of his that he thinks I should finish (oh! the pressure!)

I've posted a photo of a wonderful pin I got from my parents back in 1975 for our first Christmas in that house. The pin is two inches tall by 1 and 1/4 of an inch wide.

4 comments:

Postmaster said...

You'll have to convert all the 45s to mp3 files!

Deane D said...

I'd like to do that but we need to get a player that will convert them. My parents gave me one of those retro look radio/record/cd/cassette players so I can listen to the records.

The collection is mostly classical with some odds and ends like Burl Ives, Frankie Yankovic, Yma Sumac, Eartha Kitt, Les Baxter's Le Sacre du Savage and others.

Postmaster said...

Classical 45s????

Deane D said...

Yes, they made boxed sets of albums in the 45 format. I'll have to take some photos.