Saturday, January 24, 2009

Where Do You Want To Eat?





Here are some more postcards from our collection. The first one is for a chain of restaurants in Oregon although I'm not sure if any of them are still there. We never ate at any of them but I would have loved to see the wonderful Googie style one in the top left.

The second postcard is for the Marine Room Restaurant in La Jolla, CA. This might be a newer postcard as the back states:

High Tide - Spindrift Lounge 1949
Marine Room Restaurant

High tide indeed! If the waves were really that high I doubt the place would be open.

Update: I have been corrected about the waves on the Spindrift Lounge postcard. ChimayBleue saw my post on Flickr and gave me this information.

2 comments:

Rickart said...

The Marine Room is where we had our rehearsal dinner! I knew that is what I was looking at in that picture before I read what you wrote!

Yes, I will pick the Marine room over HiHo pancakes anyday!

Deane D said...

Yes, I remember. I don't remember the water being so close to the windows :)