Sunday, July 11, 2010

Photo Studio In-A-Box

Once again I've been a slacker and neglected my blog. I have been doing things -really! Dan and I took a quick trip to San Diego in early June. We bought new computers to replace our old ones (it was time to say goodbye to Windows XP.) We have been transferring the data from the old computers to the new ones while getting used to Windows 7. I've been working on the art room and recently got a "Photo Studio In-A-Box". It is a portable light box that folds into its own carrying case. It came with small tripod, two small lamps and a reversible background. Very useful for taking photos of small items for ebay.


In this photo, taken in my fabulous art room, I am preparing to take a photo of one of my collectible figures.


Here is my Ugly Doll Ice Bat Action Figure. They are bind boxed and come in 6 different glow in the dark colors. Mine is regular glow in the dark and is 3 inches tall. See how nice and even the lighting is!


This is something we found at Mitsuwa Marketplace in Torrance on our way to San Diego. I don't know Japanese but after poking around the Internet I found they are from a children's book called Dzukan Dwarfs. We decided to get two of them.


They come with a background card that has information about the character in Japanese. If you look closely there is another of these creatures in the window and some others between the refrigerator and the cabinets. This one is about 1 and 1/2 inches tall (including the stand.)


This one is flying high. I wish there was a translation for these, they are very mysterious.

2 comments:

Postmaster said...

The BIG print on the package says "Ko-bi-to-zu-ka-n"

"Ko" is often translated as "child" and you see it a lot of times as the last syllable of a girl's name or it could mean "small".

"Hito" means "people" and when used as the second part of a word would become "bito"

So, "kobito" means "little people" the politically correct phrase.

Deane D said...

Thanks for the information Keith, I should have thought to ask you about this stuff. I like kobito better and it's easier to remember :)